2-Day Angkor Wat Temple Sunset & Floating Village Tour
Discover the wonders of ancient temples in Angkor Wat Temple and the unique floating village of Kompong Phluk in this combined shared tour, immersing yourself in the rich history and vibrant culture of Cambodia.
- Explore the ancient temples in Angkor Wat
- Discover the remarkable Bayon temple
- Wander through the captivating ruins of Ta Prohm
- Indulge in the spectacular sunset on Bakheng Mountain
- Experience the unique floating village of Kompong Phluk
- Immerse yourself in the rich history and vibrant culture of Cambodia
Day 1: Full-Day Angkor Wat Temple and Sunset
Welcome to the shared option of the Explore Angkor temple tour! On this exciting day, we will take you on a journey through the magnificent Angkor Thom complex. As we step inside the great walls, you’ll be in awe of the fascinating beauty that awaits.
First, we will explore the iconic Bayon temple, with its enchanting stone faces that will transport you to another time. Next, we’ll visit the world-famous Ta Prohm Temple, also known as the Tomb Raider Temple. Marvel at the ancient ruins intertwined with towering trees, creating a breathtaking sight.
After working up an appetite, we will head to one of the many local restaurants within the Angkor Complex. Indulge in some tasty Cambodian eats, savoring the flavors of this vibrant cuisine.
Our last two stops of the day will be at the enormous and beautiful Angkor Wat. As one of the largest religious monuments in the world, it will leave you speechless. We’ll then head to Phnom Bakheng, where you’ll experience a beautiful sunset view from the top of the temple. Please note that Phnom Bakheng has a limit of 300 people at the peak, so we ensure a small group size to maximize your experience at each marvelous stop.
Day 2: Half Day Kompong Phluk Floating Villages Tour
Prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime!
Today, we will get a glimpse into the tenacious spirits of the people who live in a community that floats on water. Get ready to be enchanted by one of Siem Reap’s most picturesque floating villages, Kompong Phluk, which is sure to take your breath away with its hypnotizing allure.
Our journey will start with a stop at the village pagoda or market, where we will become fully ingrained in the thriving culture of the community. We will then embark on our boats and make our way to the incredible floating mansions once we have arrived there. Be amazed by the resourcefulness with which the locals have dealt with difficult circumstances while still managing to keep a cheerful expression on their faces.
Enjoy relaxing boat trips while cruising across the calm seas and making precious new memories along the way. As a part of this fantastic event, we would like to encourage you to join the fearless female rowers on their boats and go on an authentic adventure that will force you to move outside of your comfort zone.
Get ready to be amazed as we make our way into the flooded forest, where we are sure to encounter unusual animals. Remember to keep your eyes out for the cheeky monkeys and colorful birds that make their home in this area. If we are very fortunate, we might even be able to catch a glimpse of some extremely uncommon and evasive creatures. (The cost of the boat journey is going to be charged to the guest.)
We invite you to join us on this once-in-a-lifetime journey as we discover the breathtaking beauty of the floating village and immerse ourselves in the extraordinary manner of life that its inhabitants lead. Prepare yourself for a day that will be filled with moments of awe, wonder, and amazing encounters that will make an impact that will last a lifetime.
Why Is This 2-day shared tour option So Special?
- This small group shared tour option allows travelers to explore the magnificent Angkor temple complex over the course of two days.
- This tour also includes visits to the iconic Bayon temple and the world-famous Ta Prohm temple, known as the Tomb Raider Temple.
- Travelers will have the opportunity to indulge in tasty Cambodian cuisine at a local restaurant within the Angkor Complex on their own preference.
- The day concludes with a visit to the enormous and beautiful Angkor Wat, one of the largest religious monuments in the world.
- Travelers will also experience a beautiful sunset view from the top of Phnom Bakheng temple, ensuring a small group size to maximize the experience.
- Travelers taken on a journey to Kompong Phluk, one of Siem Reap’s most attractive floating villages.
- The adventure begins with a visit to the Cambodian handicraft workshop before continuing to the local market or pagoda, immersing travelers in the vibrant culture of the village.
- Travelers will then board boats and explore the jaw-dropping floating homes, marveling at how the villagers have adapted to extreme conditions.
- Serene boat rides through the tranquil waters provide unforgettable memories and opportunities to join female rowers on their boats.
- The exploration continues into the flooded forest, home to exotic wildlife such as monkeys and colorful birds.
- Travelers will have the chance to immerse themselves in the unique way of life of the village’s residents.
- The tour promises a day filled with wonder, awe, and unforgettable experiences that will leave a lasting impression on travelers with a stunning sunset view on the lake.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals not allowed
- Infants or kids less than 10 years of age
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help
- A confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date but not a full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Other travelers will not accompany you.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below or reach us via WhatsApp number (+855) 78 5555 18 / 98 5555 18.